Steiger is a worldwide mission organization that is called to reach and disciple the Global Youth Culture for Jesus
Steiger raises up missionaries and equips the local church to proclaim the message of Jesus in the language of the Global Youth Culture and establishes long-term presence in cities through ongoing outreach, discipleship and local church partnership.
Global Youth Culture
The current urban generation, connected by consumerism, social media, and the entertainment industry forms the largest global culture ever to exist. It spans the globe, sharing the same values, listening to the same music, watching the same movies, and sharing the same posts.
This global culture is largely influenced by one predominant worldview: Secular Humanism - God is irrelevant, and man is at the center. In this relativistic culture, we are god and consumerism is our religion. This is a generation that does not look to the church for answers but believes it to be a dead and empty tradition of the past. Either there is no God or, if he is there, he doesn’t interfere with our lives.
God’s heart is broken for this lost generation. The message of his love, the Gospel, is for everyone, and it is not right that young people today don’t get to hear because we’re not making it accessible to them. They don’t come to us, so we need to go to them. As Jesus’ church, we need to realize the massive change in mindset and lifestyle and the need for a paradigm shift in missions.
Our calling is to challenge the status quo of the predominant secular humanist worldview and unmask its oppressive nature. We lift up the Cross outside the church and see the message of a loving God, revealed in Jesus, infused in this globalized culture. We desire to see this generation find hope and purpose again as it meets the Creator. And through this, God will radically and eternally change the world.
Below are specific models used in Steiger:
- The “No Longer Music” Production
- Come&Live! bands and artists
- Relational presence in the local scene
- Art exhibitions
- Film screenings and discussions
- Art and Music Festivals
- Events (gatherings, concerts, etc)
- Café/Cultural Centers
- Community Living
- Follow-up parties and events
- Informal Bible studies
- Supporting new church plants
- Internet social communities
- Steiger Seminars/Conferences (itinerant, 1-3 days)
- Steiger Compact schools (regional, 1-2 weeks)
- Steiger Missions School (International Centre - Germany, 10 weeks)
- Internships (joining an existing Steiger team, 3-6 months)
- Ongoing development and care for Steiger missionaries