Globalized Middle Eastern Youth
Beirut: A Different Mecca
Steiger Middle East
Recognizing the strategic importance of Beirut for our vision to engage Middle Eastern youth with the gospel, Steiger has started to build a local presence in the city. The ministry of Steiger Middle East so far includes:
- Production of RAWA - an evangelistic short movie series - in partnership with the Lebanese studio ONE:SIXTEEN.
- Evangelistic movie events in Beirut’s clubs and universities
- A weekly Bible study in a café of Beirut - a result of the movie events.
- A creative, evangelistic, social media campaign which covers the whole Middle East
- Outreach with short-term teams
- Workshops for Lebanese churches and believers
The vision of Steiger Middle East has both a local and regional focus. We aim to establish a church plant in the city of Beirut as well as an evangelistic art café. This local community of Jesus followers will serve as a hub for ongoing creative outreach, discipleship, training and further church planting in Lebanon and the wider region. We also aim to build a relevant creative online ministry which proclaims the message of Jesus effectively across the region on various social media platforms.
Ultimately, we want to see a movement of young people passionate about transforming the Middle East for Jesus by the power of Holy Spirit and for His glory.